Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Beginning.....

Wanting to do something and actually having that desire come to pass is often derailed by circumstances in life. No one can accuse me of not trying, hoping & dreaming. I have a full time job working in the business world but I am most happiest in the dirt watching God's miracles unfold before me. Growing things are full of reward.....so much beauty for sight & smell. And I have a passion for planting my garden.

Blue Arbor Farm is being established to share fresh bounty from my garden endeavor and to share the wonderful cooking talent of my dear hubby. He makes the best pickled okra, bread & butter pickles, peach jam (my favorite!) jalapeno peppers, pepper jelly and home-made bread with fresh herbs. There will be much more added as time goes by and we see what works and what doesn't.

Then there are the girls....hens to be exact. They normally free-range during the day except when the new plantings are being put in. They lay various shades of beautiful brown eggs that have hard shells and very rich orange yolks. We also have a few duck eggs for the gourmet taste and I hope to see if this is an area to increase my stock.




 
There is so much to do....spring planting (alot!), arbor supports to be built, signs to be designed & painted, business cards & flyers & labels, egg cartoons to be purchased, a fridge for the porch, a veggie stand for the front yard, and prayer that God will bless Blue Arbor Farm.

 
 
My garden is small....but enough to have extra.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment