Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Surprise!!!


Turning off lights & locking up last night, I heard a noise in the dinning room. I realized it was coming from my incubator sitting on the dinning room table. As I peeked in I saw that 3 baby ducks had hatched and by morning I had 5. This afternoon my hubby called and said we have a total of 7 ducks. I had the biggest smile on my face this morning. Funny what makes me so happy. I have visions of me walking across the yard with 7 little ducks in a row following me.

When my grandchildren remember me, I want them to think of me with all my little critters, my bird feeders & bird houses, my flower garden and the books I love to read to them. I'm sure they will also remember all the times I jumped and screamed at spiders, roaches & their rubber snakes. I want them to have a place they can come to that is far removed from this material drug & alcohol saturated world that is too busy, too self-centered and full of stress. My best memories are of my grandparents farm in Mississippi that I loved and miss so much. I wish I had many of the things they had like 80 acres of pasture & woods, the old smoke house, the big old barn with the hay loft I used to lay in and dream, a cold creek to play in and yes, even an outhouse! They had chickens....but, they didn't have ducks!

No comments:

Post a Comment